Originally Posted 05/05/2013
The Outstanding Transactions Report in Microsoft Dynamics GP Bank Reconciliation is a report worthy of attention. Although almost every posting report in GP can be reprinted at a later point in time, this information cannot.
Items worthy of noting about this report:
- This is not a posting Report. This report is a snapshot of what your system looks like at the time of printing the report.
- This report supports the Bank Reconciliation Posting report. In other words, the Microsoft Dynamics GP report that explains the difference between what the bank says you have and what GP says you have. But the Reconciliation report only shows the differences in Summary, so the GP Outstanding Transaction report shows the detail AND summarizes so it matches the posting report.
- You should always review what is outstanding and old. I have found all kinds of problems while reviewing this report, such as:
- Checks written to vendors that the vendor never received.
- Transactions made incorrectly in GP.
- Bank Errors.
Trust me, this report is WORTHY of printing!