I have a Distribution Client who uses Sales Order Processing (or SOP) in Microsoft Dynamics GP. As this client fills orders, they handle each order one at a time. In a previous blog posting, I demonstrate how I suggest using batches to save time in the following areas:
- Transfer from Backorder to Order
- Printing Orders and Packing Slips
- Transferring to Invoices
- Printing or emailing Invoices
- Posting Invoices
There is an alternative to transferring SOP documents by individual document or batches, called “Sales Multiple Orders to Invoice Transfer.”
This window is available only if you’re using sales fulfillment workflow. Note the screenshot is from GP2018.
From GP HELP
- Transfers window to transfer orders and back orders to invoices. (Does not work with Quotes or Invoices)
- You can transfer groups of documents with the same characteristics, such as: batch ID, customer ID, or requested ship date.
- A separate invoice is created for each order or back order.
- You also can specify how to handle item quantity shortages and kit quantity shortages.
- If the document exceeds the customer’s credit limit and you are using customer credit limit override workflow, you can submit the document for approval.
- If you are using customer credit limit override workflow, orders that exceed the customer’s credit limit won’t be transferred if they aren’t approved. You can transfer orders that don’t need approval.
Watch the Video, it’s a pretty cool feature!